NCE BY CORRESPONDENCE (NCECC) PROGRAMME
The Part-time is a five (5) programme that give student who do not have time all round the year and do not also write the JAMB examination to gain admission into the NCE Programme.
Application for the correspondence programme is also made on a prescribed application form at a fee decided by the Academic Board. Completed online forms are sent to the Correspondence Programme secretariat. A list of successful candidates is placed on the College notice board.
To be admitted into the NCE by Correspondence programme, a candidate must have any of the following:
- Teachers’ Grade II (TC II) with credits/merits in three subjects one of which must be in the subject the candidate wishes to study.
- GCE (O/L) or SSCE with passes in five subjects in one sitting, three of which must be at credit level.
- GCE (O/L) or SSCE with passes in five subjects, four of which must be at credit level in two sittings.
- Grade II pass certificate with minimum of five years post qualification teaching experience.
Deferment Of Admission:
Admission is not deferrable. However, after completion of registration in the College, a newly registered student may defer a semester or course(s) by a written application to the Academic Secretary through the concerned Heads of Departments. Such Deferment is valid only through a written approval by the Academic Secretary.
- Registration and documentation are compulsory for every new and returning student at the beginning of each semester/session.
- All registrations involve obtaining and completing relevant forms, payment of necessary fees and registering courses at the students’ schools and departments.
- Note: each new student, on arrival, reports to the Academic Office with the following documents for verification:
- Letter of offer of Admission by the College or the joint Admission and Maculation Board (JAMB).
- A copy of the acceptance letter.
- A letter of identification from the student’s Local Government Area.
- A letter of good conduct from an Imam or Clergyman of his Juma’at Mosque/Church.
- Six recent passport-sized photographs.
- A medical report.
- Original copies of Certificates or notification of results (statement of results).
- Original Birth Certificate/Declaration of Age.
- After the documents are verified, the new student collects a clearance form with which he proceeds to the Bursary Department where he pays the prescribed fees and collects registration forms and then returns to the Academic Office where he collects registration forms and then moves to his departments and schools where he is registered by the heads of departments and Dean(s). Students may be expected to pay some amount of departmental registration fee to be decided by departments and schools and to be approved by the Academic Board.
All Registration forms must be returned to the School Officer of the School where the student belongs on completion of all Registration.
- Late Registration Any student who fails to register within two weeks of resumption is automatically considered as having lost his offer (in case of new students) and not qualifies for normal registration (in case of returning students). The period for late registration is the third week from the first day of the semester, except otherwise decided by the Management.
- Penalty for Late Registration Late registration attracts a fee as may be decided from time to time by the Academic Board.
Any returning student who fails to register at the expiration of the late registration period shall be advised to defer the semester.
Any student who registers late more than two consecutive times shall be made to face the Students’ welfare and Disciplinary Committee for appropriate disciplinary action.
Any student who absconds from Lectures without prior written permission by the appropriate authority for one semester shall considered as self-withdrawal.
Matriculation is simply a ceremony at which new students are confirmed as bona fide member s of the College Community. Every new student is expected to matriculate before his entry into the academic community of the College is recognized. At the ceremony new students are required to take an oath to observe the rules and regulations of the institution. This includes filling a form specially designed for the purpose.